The OEV Community Exchange Project aims to let Old East Village residents know, and celebrate, what skills and assets exist in the neighbourhood. A website will list what items, or specific skills and abilities, community members are willing to share or exchange with one another in the neighbourhood. The key to the project, however, is not the technology, but the people connections that are made in the community, further building a culture of connection and contribution. Central to this is the role of the BLOCK CONNECTOR.
Block Connector Responsibilities:
- Connect with people face-to-face in a designated block or area about the Exchange Project
- Facilitate access to an online survey/profile or complete a hard copy survey/profile with residents
- Computer input of hard survey/profile copies
- Facilitate connections between neighbours who may not have access to technology
- Ongoing promotion of project and community connections –Storytelling!
- Be the “go to” person on the block for questions, or additions/changes to the online listings that can’t be completed independently
Block Connector Commitments:
- A belief in the value of community connectedness, and its power to further reveal the strengths and gifts in the Old East Village
- Attend an Orientation and Training Session
- Devote time to connecting with neighbours face-toface in a designated block/area
- Share personal contact information publicly
- A commitment of 1-2 hours/week for 4 months as a Block Connector, including attending events/programs to help promote the OEV Community Exchange Project, e.g. Block Party
Interested in becoming a Block Connector?
For more information contact Shelly at 519-660-0875 ext. 254, or email@example.com.